Monday, March 19, 2018

What's In My Backpack!


Hello, everybody! I hope those of you in school are having a fun and exciting Spring break! It's been pretty busy for me these past few days as I've been dealing with A LOT more customers at work taking advantage of their Spring break to do a little shopping. One of these days I should write a whole post about what it's like to work in retail during holidays and school break because YOWZA, it's a doozy. ANYHOO, today I thought I'd put together a fun little post for you guys on what is in my backpack! You know, totally basic, not at all original.

And yes, you read that right, I'm doing a "what's in my BACKPACK" post. I've become addicted to carrying my backpack around because it's such a perfect size for me and holds just the right amount of stuff while providing a lot of room should I need to stuff a bunch of unnecessary crap inside. I'm not against purses, I have quite a few of them and have some new ones I really want to carry around but I just can't get over how much my backpack makes me happy. It's the kind of bag I can just literally grab and go.

So, let's get this post started shall we? I quite like seeing what other people carry in their bags and purses as I think it gives a nice insight to what kind of person you are. Is that a little emo of me? Yes? Maybe? Whatever, I'm a self-titled emo bunny. LET'S MOVE ON.

____________________________________________________


Behold, my backpack. Isn't it pretty? I obviously had to have my Hatsune Miku keychain hooked to the front. I've yet to carry a purse without it on so it's here to stay. Maybe the little bear plushie is a bit much but who cares, it's my backpack and it makes me happy on the inside.


First up, we have my wallet and checkbook. Duh. I seriously am obsessed with my wallet since once again, it's just the perfect size for me. It's also oddly such a satisfying thing to hold in my hand. The material is a soft leather and oddly enough, my phone fits perfectly in the bill holder. So if I ever get lazy and don't feel like carrying my phone AND my wallet, problem solved. Yes, I'm weird, let's move on.


I also like to carry around a little travel sketchbook should I find myself having to jot down a quick note or need to kill time my sketching something. I like to sketch with a ballpoint pen I keep in my checkbook and the little travel sketchbook is a great size for really any purse. I don't really ever reach for it if I'm out and about but I like having it with me just in case.


Of course, I have to carry a couple of makeup products since I don't like carrying an actual make-up bag with me. I've tried to carry one in the past but noticed I literally NEVER reached for it nor needed it at any point in my day. It only ever got in the way so I decided long ago not to carry it anymore. I do, however, like to carry a couple of things that I think are the most needed which is lip-gloss and lip balm. And maybe some tic-tacs that I don't actually care for but I have it just in case. 


Okay, now THIS is probably my most important item I carry next to my earbuds, which is my spearmint gum. I freaking love spearmint gum and go through packs of this every month. I usually buy the five packs so I don't really have to worry about running out. I know, it's kind of an addiction at this point but it's so good!


I also carry a little bottle of lotion with me even though, again, I don't ever reach for it but you never know, right? I also have a second stick of lipbalm I like to have with me only because it tastes like Pocky. I love Pocky. Pocky is amazing. You should have Pocky.

And then there's my keys which actually is an illusion because I literally only have one key on the thing, the rest are keychains. As you can see, I have a LOT of keychains. Plus a lanyard that holds it all. I have a weakness to cute keychains, OKAY?

Okay now onto the actual important stuff that's practical. I always have a pair of sunglasses with me in a little carrying sleeve since it often gets very bright and sunny where I live, which is a no brainer but I also have a sensitivity to light so I kind of rely on my sunglasses to help me, you know, not go blind.

And I literally NEVER leave the house without my all important earbuds. NEVER. I didn't use to carry my earbuds with me but once I started realizing how often I found myself bored without anything to at least listen to when I was out and about, I was quick to buy me a pair of earbuds with a carrying case. I keep my favorite ergonomic earbuds neatly inside the metal tin and often reach for them on a daily basis when I'm running errands or shopping and want some music to jam out to. It's beautiful.

And last but not least, I carry a book with me. I usually only ever carry a book with me if I know there's a small chance I'll be able to read it when I'm out for the day, not so much if I just plan on making a quick run to the store or something.

I like taking a book with me if I know I'll be getting a longer lunch break at work or am taking a drive somewhere that will give me a good half hour of reading time. Often me and my mom will go thrift shopping and our favorite one is about thirty minutes away so I like to read in the car on the way there.

I'm obviously reading "Ready Player One" at the moment since the movie comes in NEXT WEEK and I couldn't be more excited about it! I actually meant to read it last year but didn't get around to actually doing that so I'm currently trying to read as much and as fast as I can and so far, I'm really loving it!

So that's it for what I keep in my backpack on a regular basis. I didn't show a picture of my phone but that's a given. I really hope you guys enjoyed this post! I want to start posting more diverse posts like this that have to do more with lifestyle and such. Don't get me wrong, I love talking about books and coffee, but I also like talking about little seemingly unimportant things like all the crap I keep in my purse. It's real-life. It's random. And so is my bag. Anyhoo, read on, bookworms! See you all in the next chapter!






4 comments:

  1. Great share! Thanks for providing very useful and informative blog! Large Bee Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may dress up for work to give yourself an extra confidence boost there. In order to enjoy the features of a practical bag while looking good office backpackUrban Tribe is the lifestyle bag brand to choose. Get your own fashionable from Urban Tribe by visiting our website right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may dress up for work to give yourself an extra confidence boost there. In order to enjoy the features of a practical bag while looking good, Urban Tribe is the lifestyle bag brand to choose. Get your own fashionable office backpack from Urban Tribe by visiting our website right away!
    https://urbantribe.in/collections/professional

    ReplyDelete